Empyre's Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empyre's Edge

A forum for the Empyre's Edge roleplaying setting.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Online Session Recap - 20.06.2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tylendel
Lord
Tylendel

Online Session Recap - 20.06.2019 Empty
PostSubject: Online Session Recap - 20.06.2019   Online Session Recap - 20.06.2019 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019, 21:40

Tylendel sees an undulating grass plain – as he waits for Parafor to appear, he lays his fingers on the mirror, feeling how warm it is. The view closes in on a glowing figure trailed by miles of burned ground and a wall of fire: Parafor. Inside the fire he sees a silhouette of a naked, young man – the silhouette is a brighter glow then the surrounding fire.

He feels the mirror growing warmer and hears the sound of cracking glass. Tylendel wills the mirror to rest.

Pábes: “Phew. I’m getting sweaty. It’s warm in here. Did it just get hotter?”

Tylendel: “Possibly…”

Pábes: “Oh, and things have changed.”

The room around Tylendel has changed again, into something new. This time it appears as a small regal chamber with a dais and a small throne. The walls are covered in tapestries with alien motifs.

Pábes is standing by his lectern, confusing Tylendel, since he was just standing next to him.

Tylendel: “How did you get over there?”

Pábes: “I walked?”

Tylendel: “How long has it been since I asked the mirror to show me Parafor?”

Pábes: “I don’t know? You know time is strange around this place. Like… Why did my book go over there?”

Tylendel: “But you were just standing next to me saying no, I shouldn’t do it.”

Pábes: “Yeah, something is weird. I wasn’t on this page. Wait a minute? This isn’t the Codex at all! What?! I’m not interested in botany…”

He closes the book he’s holding and carries it over to the chest, drops it in and starts rummaging in it. After a while he pulls out the Codex of the Lost and lays it on the lectern.

Tylendel: “Well… Parafor will reach Bormost today, I guess.”

Pábes: “Today?! Are you sure? What did you see? Did you see him?”

Tylendel: “If he broke out of the Doomed City yesterday, and he is on the Great Plain today, then he has covered… Well, he’s crossed the Sea of Dust and the Scrublands today. Passed the Copperlands to the Great Plain. He’s passed two thirds of the way today.”

One of Pábes’ knees starts buckling

Pábes: “Then it’s over.”

Tylendel: “We might have lost…”

Tylendel bows his head.

Pábes: “Then Eras will come crashing… Maybe.”

Tylendel feels the mirror again – it is burning hot.

Tylendel: “And I’m blind.”

Pábes: “There’s no way we can… We have to start building the Twilight Gate! So he comes to the city, very well, but he can- He can’t take over all of Eras. We still have time to save whatever is left when he’s finished.”

Tylendel: “Ummm… Yeah. Yeah. Yes.”

Pábes: “But you will lose everyone on that hill. Oh no, oh no, oh no.”

Tylendel: “Iiii--- Yes. I.”

Tylendel seems at a complete loss. Pábes sits staring ahead.

Tylendel: “Umm… Umm… Was there any of that Ibiravian Black left?”

Pábes: “Yeah, sure, I’ll check.”

He walks over to the chest and starts looking.

Pábes: “Yeah, I need to sit.”

He pulls out a bottle and two glasses, sits on the sofa and fills pours the wine. Tylendel sits as well.

Tylendel: “Um, I… I nee-“

Pábes: “Can we… Slow him down?”

Tylendel: “I-i-I don’t know.”

Pábes: “Can we… You’ve got to warn them. Get them out of there. Send them away.”

Tylendel: “Yeah.”

Pábes: “I don’t know, I---“

Tylendel takes a glass and empties it.

Tylendel: “Uhh… Wh--- I… I need to talk to Loronë. Yeah. Yes. Yes, I need to. Yeah.”

Tylendel wills a pillow onto the floor in front of the mirror. He starts meditating, trying to contact Loronë’s mind.

He finds himself in a stone cathedral with large, silver windows. The nave looks endless, but as he looks, the windows start glowing with a silvery light, lighting the middle path. He starts following the path, the windows illuminating his path, and eventually he reach a silver ball. As he approaches, the ball starts hovering, eventually stopping in front of Tylendel’s eyes.

Tylendel: “Well, the setting is nicer than the last time I spoke with you.”

There is no reply.

Tylendel: “Can Parafor be slowed down? You can’t hear me, can you?”

He hears the sound of a fluttering curtain. He looks around, not seeing anything. Out of the darkness, a long piece of cloth comes fluttering. It lands over Tylendel’s feet. It’s a worn Moon Guard banner.

Tylendel: “Well, shit. I’m sorry, milady, but I can’t be gentle.”

He lays his hands on the ball. There’s a thrill making the hair on his arms rise.

Tylendel: “Loronë.”

He hears her answer, whispering.

Loronë: “Tylendel.”

Her voice reminds him of Renata’s.

Loronë: “He is coming.”

Tylendel: “He’ll reach the city today or tomorrow.”

Loronë: “Your city is doomed.”

Tylendel: “Can I slow him down?”

Loronë: “Together, we can try. I shall try to strengthen my light. The battle between Night and Day is coming.”

Tylendel: “Does Parafor gain his strength from the Tombs of Light?”

Loronë: “No. I do. You freed me. And I shall pay you for that.”

Tylendel: “What are the Tears of the Burning Gods?”

Loronë: “It is the power of the sorcery of light. Siphoned by the Enemy to empower himself. It was ever Parafor’s way – to steal the strength of others.”

Tylendel: “What happens if I stop that stream?”

Loronë: “He would no longer gain that power. But he is powerful enough as it is.”

Tylendel: “Would it slow him down?”

Loronë: “No. The strength left in me… I shall endeavour to brighten the world. It may slow him down. The blood in you gives you strength. The weaves that bind, it runs through you. You can use it to stall him.”

Tylendel: “I don’t understand.”

Loronë: “There is great power between the worlds. It is what binds the broken worlds of the Between together. But now it is pulling at your world. It could be that Parafor would seek to break those bindings, for he wishes to rule your world, as the only Tyrant. But those bindings, they are of pure sorcerous power and it is that power you tap into by the strength of your blood. You can use it, as you do when you, by your will alone, change reality. You’re not strong enough to will a being such as him away, but you could be strong enough to stall him with the aid of my light. Is Arokin free?”

Tylendel: “No.”

Loronë: “Is Mulendobra free?”

Tylendel: “No.”

Loronë: “Is Nysal free?”

Tylendel: “Yes. I don’t know if Pentarlys is free. I’ve tried using your mirror to find her, but I find nothing. And Gaffon is trapped.”

Loronë: “That is good news. If he is no longer able to meddle, to fire, to stoke hatred in hearts, we may still have a chance. You have done well.”

Tylendel: “But the only mirror I have access to now is too hot to use. I can’t see.”

Loronë: “You must be careful. I sense… That now, the enemy knows. That dark is going to give way. They know. You. Must. Be removed. Sooner than later.”

Tylendel: “The black creature. The thing that came out of the Oathbreaker. What is it?”

Loronë: “It is the spawn of the Creeping God.”

Tylendel: “To what purpose?”

Loronë: “To infect.”

Tylendel: “So, is it… To infect what?”

Loronë: “Living things, beings. All that is sentient. To spread hate and disease. Fire. To creep across the land.”

Tylendel: “So is it a bad idea that I asked Lylas to trap it?”

Loronë: “No. Not at all. It is taken. It is dead.”

Tylendel: “Good.”

Loronë: “At the cost of a few lives.”

Tylendel: “Not good.”

Loronë: “What he does not know is that some of those who were wounded are infected. You must tell him.”

Tylendel: “Can they be cured?”

Loronë: “Maybe.”

Tylendel: “Are they infectious?”

Loronë: “No. The claws of the Spawn of Parafor is the source.”

Tylendel: “What’s the power that Parafor seeks beneath Tamolyn Pahórek?”

Loronë: “He seeks the destruction of everything that could be used against him. It is the power of summer.”

Tylendel: “And has Valenta found her way back?”

Loronë: “I do not know. I have not sensed her.”

Tylendel thinks.

Loronë: “You must be quick. I will soon leave. I must reserve my strength.”

Tylendel: “When Parafor took the dragonflame into himself, did he trap the spirits of the dragons within himself?”

Loronë: “In a way, yes. Their spiritual residue. All sorcery comes from the power of souls.”

Tylendel: “Can I yank those spirits out of him?”

Loronë: “I do not know if you possess the strength for it.”

Tylendel: “But if I could, it would slow him down.”

Loronë: “Not slow him down, weaken him. If you can do this, if you can eliminate the threat that is the Creeping God, you will name you reward. My love chose wisely. Now witness the power of Silverlight.”

The silver ball starts glowing intensely. The room glows white, as when the Tomb of Light exploded. Suddenly, Tylendel finds himself back in his body, lying flat on his back.

Tylendel: “Well, well, well, well, well.

Pábes: “I think you need another one.”

Tylendel: “I think you’re right.”

Tylendel hears Pábes filling a glass of wine.

Pábes: “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m always right.”

Tylendel: “Then tell me… Where did the spirit of the first one go? Where is Abelion?”

Pábes: “Uhhh…”

Tylendel: “We speak of the Nine, but where is the tenth?”

Pábes: “There’s a tenth?”

Tylendel: “Oh yes. And who is the Wandering God?”

Pábes: “Umm… Can I get some time to think?”

Tylendel takes the glass of wine, sipping.

Tylendel: “Mmm, this is good. Loronë will bring more light to Eras to try to slow down Parafor.”

Pábes: “Well that is good.”

Tylendel: “Yes, but I need the mirror.”

Pábes: “So what is she like?”

Tylendel: “I need to mirror to try to slow down Parafor as well, and that one isn’t working.”

Pábes: “What is she like?”

Tylendel: “She’s a goddess.”

Pábes: “Did you see her?”

Tylendel: “No. Only her Light.”

Pábes: “Moonlight.”

Tylendel: “Yes. I could go and try to stop the Tears of the Burning Gods first, while I wait for the mirror to cool down. Or I could try to---”

He hears some rummaging, as if things being moved. Scraping, thudding. Suddenly the lid of the chest opens, and a coppery hand emerges, followed by Ipeshtir.

Tylendel: “What the f-“

Ipeshtir rolls out, then reaches into the chest and pulls out Ququllu.

Ipeshtir: “Ah, my friends! It has been too long.”

Tylendel looks at his wine glass, then at Ipeshtir.

Tylendel: “What?”

Ipeshtir: “A most unusual entry, don’t you think?”

Tylendel: “Quite.”

Ipeshtir: “The sanctuary is being watched. I had to be clever.”

Tylendel: “Muqad Fevre?”

Ipeshtir: “Amongst others.”

Tylendel: “I see.”

Ipeshtir: “I am once more, again, amazed at your strength. You were able to communicate with me across vast distances.”

Tylendel: “That was just a simple spell.”

Ipeshtir raises an eyebrtow.

Ipeshtir: “I’m not sure you should call it simple, but… Maybe you’re right.”

Tylendel: “How did you get here so fast if it was such a vast distance? Couldn’t have been that vast.”

Ipeshtir: “Well… It’s the Between. Time isn’t working properly, is it?”

Tylendel: “Well, time. Parafor will reach Byrkburgh today.”

Ipeshtir: “I… See.”

Tylendel: “Any chance you brought my mirror, and is the spirit still in it?”

Ipeshtir: “I am afraid I do not have your mirror.”

Tylendel: “That’s unfortunate.”

Ipeshtir: “Has it gone hot again?”

Tylendel: “Yes.”

Ipeshtir walks over to the throne and sits down. Ququllu fetches the wine bottle and a glass for him.

Ipeshtir: “So, he is coming at last.”

Tylendel: “Yes. Yes, he is.”

Ipeshtir: “That is unfortunate, but not unexpected.”

Tylendel: “No, not unexpected, just too soon.”

Ipeshtir: “Yes.”

Tylendel: “Are all the Tombs of Light prisons?”

Ipeshtir: “Yes, but they do not all imprison Light.”

Tylendel: “Well, the one I tampered with held Loronë.”

Ipeshtir: “Some of her Light, I suppose. What of it?”

Tylendel: “Well, the Tombs of Light power the Tears of the Burning Gods, which pass from Ether to Eras and grant Parafor power.”

Ipeshtir: “If that is so, it would also grant power to the other Betweeners on Eras. And those of their blood.”

Tylendel: “So if I stop that stream of energy, that flow, I’d weaken myself?”

Ipeshtir: “If what you say is true, yes.”

He looks thoughtful.

Ipeshtir: “Of course, that place, what they are doing there, they are channelling it for him, and the weave is everywhere else, so maybe not. Maybe you’re right. If the Light of those souls fuel his power.”

Tylendel: “Is there any chance there are some dragon souls within those Tombs of Light? What did you find out?”

Ipeshtir: “I wouldn’t presume to know if there are any dragon spirits in there, but… It is a desolate and wide land, with these cube like tombs spread across it as if it were a table with a thousand dies tossed upon it. I thought these were the tombs from some ancient civilization belonging to one of the worlds, and that maybe some of them have been repurposed for the benefit of the Creeping God. There are no epitaphs on those tombs, so it’s hard to know without breaking open each and every one of them.”

Tylendel: “That sounds excessive.”

Ipeshtir: “It does. But what troubles my mind right now is that my sanctuary has been compromised.”

Tylendel: “Compromised how?”

Ipeshtir: “Well, as I said, it is being watched. That has not happened before.”

Tylendel: “So how has that happened?”

Ipeshtir: “I am afraid I don’t know. What I do know is that I have to move it.”

Tylendel: “Who other than Muqad Fevre would gain something from watching it?”

Ipeshtir: “Well, we do have other enemies in the Between, do we not?”

Tylendel: “I can only think of the Crow-king.”

Ipeshtir: “Ah. I suppose it is time that he makes some serious moves, is it not? Something has been holding him back, I think.”

Tylendel: “Shit. Well, I did trap Gaffon. Maybe he had been… Who’s the Wandering God, do you know?”

Ipeshtir: “I am afraid I do not know. Is it from your world?”

Ipeshtir: “Some Betweener, then?”

Tylendel: “I don’t know. Mulendobra said that the Pale One had always been on Eras. And the greatest enemy of the Pale One was the Wandering God, and there are legends that the Wandering God was there when Eras started being visited from the Between.”

Ipeshtir: “Then I truly don’t know. Wandering God… No. I am sorry.”

Tylendel: “Okay, so how do I slow down Parafor? How, how, how, how…”

Ipeshtir: “Perhaps there is no way to slow him down. He is too strong.”

Tylendel: “If he’s too strong to slow down then I need to weaken him.”

Ipeshtir: “Even the others are able to affect him, it seems to me.”

Tylendel: “Yes, but they were stopped by their arrogance.”

Ipeshtir: “I see.”

Tylendel feels the mirror for the temperature again. It is cooler. When he touches it, he sees a skeletal hand coming out of the inside of the mirror, touching the mirror.

Tylendel: “Did y--- Did anyone else see that?”

Ipeshtir: “See what?”

Tylendel leans in to the mirror, almost touching it with his nose. A grinning skull appears, looking back at him, through empty, dark sockets.

Tylendel: “Why does the mirror reflect only my bones, not my flesh.

Ipeshtir and Pábes looks at him.

Ipeshtir: “I’m afraid I don’t see anything. Black as it should be, when it is not in use.”

Tylendel: “Um…”

Ipeshtir: “But, my friend… You seem to be lacking in haste.”

Tylendel: “I can’t decide what--- I--- I can’t decide what to do first, or what to do at all. I don’t know what to do. What I should do, is to try to rip the spirits of the dragons out of Parafor.”

Ipeshtir: “Take away his fire.”

Tylendel: “Yes.

Ipeshtir: “And how would that be possible.”

Tylendel: “Well, I did free… Braek had trapped Lylas’ spirit within the great wolf. I freed his spirit.”

Pábes: “That’s true.”

Tylendel: “I tore Valenta’s spirit out of Mulendobra as well.”

Ipeshtir: “Hmm! Well, then maybe you can. Then I would hurry, if I were you. If it is true, what you say.”

Tylendel: “Yes, but I need to see what I am doing. I could try to stop the Tears of the Burning Gods, first, while waiting for the mirror to cool down a little.”

Ipeshtir: “Are you sure that is a wise decision?”

Tylendel: “No, not at all. But Loronë thought that it could weaken him. And I guess if it would weaken her as well, she would have said I shouldn’t even think about doing it.”

Ipeshtir: “I see.”

Tylendel: “What did you find out about the Tombs of Light?”

Ipeshtir: “Well, as I said, there are thousands of them. They belonged to an ancient civilization, burying their kin in these strange buildings. I did find a tomb that was broken open. I suppose it was the one you visited as well. I did not see any footprints in the white dust of that land.”

Tylendel: “It is probably the one I broke.”

Tylendel notices something moving under Ipeshtir’s mantle.

Ipeshtir: “Ah! Look here.”

Between the throne and the sofa there is a long table with chairs, the table set for five. Ipeshtirs sits at the end of the table.

Ipeshtir: “Come. Perhaps you think better with some food in your belly.”

Tylendel: “Yes. Did you bring back something from the swamp?”

He indicates Ipeshtir’s shoulder. Ipeshtir looks, and his eyes grow large.

Ipeshtir: “What is—What is this?”

Ipeshtir starts shouting, and after a few moments he pulls out a hairy creature.

Ipeshtir: “Uuuh! Now I have to wash myself!”

He runs over to the chest, throwing the creature into it.

Ipeshtir: “Yes. That could have been something from Paan Banzi, yes.”

Tylendel: “I see.”

Ququllu sits at the table.

Ipeshtir: “Don’t look so grim. It is nice to join dinner even if you are not hungry. It is called etiquette.”

Ququllu: “Hrmfwrm”

Tylendel turns to the mirror as Pábes sits down. He tries to will time to pass quicker for the mirror, hoping it will cool down quicker. He doesn’t notice any difference in the temperature.

Tylendel: “So if Muqad Fevre is watching the sanctuary, and maybe the Crow-king…”

Ipeshtir: “Maybe.”

Tylendel: “Oh, well, fuck me sideways.”

Ipeshtir: “I hope you used a colloquialism.”

Tylendel: “Yes. Muqad Fevre wants to build a Twilight Gate for himself, doesn’t he?”

Ipeshtir: “What Muqad Fevre thinks and does, no-one but him truly knows. I would not be surprised.”

Tylendel: “That’s why he took you when you came with those drawings. That’s why he held Pábes, and why he tried to take him back after I freed you.”

Ipeshtir: “That sounds likely. But… Yes, he did take those papers before he sent me off. The bastard.”

Tylendel: “Did those papers have anything to do with the Gate? Pábes, you’ve looked at those papers, haven’t you? Do you know what they were about? Do you remember?”

Pábes: “They were notations, calculations.”

Tylendel: “Related to the Gate?”

Pábes: “Yes.”

Ipeshtir: “Another good reason that I have to, perhaps, move my sanctuary. Create a new one and let them perhaps believe we are still here. It doesn’t really matter…”

Tylendel tries to will the papers he found in Bojaqi to himself. He strains enough to start sweating. When he opens his eyes, his hand is full of burnt papers.

Tylendel: “They’re been burned…”

Ipeshtir: “Unfortunate.”

Pábes: “Can I try this?”

Ipeshtir: “Of course!”

Pábes helps himself to some food.

Tylendel: “I need to stop Parafor. How? And I need to get Valenta back to Tamolyn Pahórek.”

Pábes: “Excuse me… I can’t help but notice, that… Are you expecting a guest?”

Tylendel finally notices that the table is set for five.

Ipeshtir: “As a matter of fact, I do. Should be here anytime soon.”

Tylendel: “Someone interesting?”

Ipeshtir: “I hope so. Someone who could be of help to us, perhaps.

Tylendel: “Well, it seems like we need it.”

Ipeshtir: “Indeed.”

Tylendel: “I have a ship now as well, by the way.”

Ipeshtir: “Have you, now?”

Tylendel: “Yes. I got inspired by the Ghostweave so I made myself one.”

Ipeshtir: “Well, it is an honour to own a ship that could inspire yours. Where is it?”

Tylendel: “Well, at Tamolyn Pahórek.”

Ipeshtir: “Your… temple.”

Ipeshtir: “You have made a flying vessel.”

Ipeshtir: “Then you are… And you did this… On Eras.”

Ipeshtir: “If you can warp reality so much that you can make things seem as if they were in the Between, it can mean one of two things. You are extremely powerful and can tap well and deep into the sorcery, and or Eras is getting closer.”

Tylendel: “Well, it was just a couple of simple spells.”

Again, Ipeshtir raises an eyebrow.

Tylendel: “I should try to speak with Nysal as well.”

Pábes: “She is around?”

Tylendel: “Yes. She’s a duchess of the Empyre.”

Pábes: “A duchess? Really. How do you know? Never mind that question.”

Tylendel: “It seems as if she’s… She lives a lifetime, makes some children, then choose one to move her spirit into. And keeps it going, chooses that one as her heir…”

Pábes: “Well, that is one way to stay hidden, I suppose.”

Tylendel: “Yes. Something similar to what Braek did. And she’s been doing it for some time as well. Yes.”

Tylendel wills himself washed and shaved and his armour clean, then finally sits down at the table.

Ipeshtir: “Very well. Please. I know it is horrible to break the etiquette and begin to eat before the final guest arrives, but we are hungry.”

Both Ipeshtir and Pábes are already eating, Pábes messily. Tylendel helps himself to some food.

They eat in silence for a while, then a light starts forming in the air next to the table, and a woman starts materialising within it. Ipeshtir straightens himself, starts making himself more presentable.

Ipeshtir: “Ah, here she comes. You better behave yourself Ququllu. We are having a princess for a guest.”

The woman starts gaining colour – a golden diadem, a red dress, a young woman’s face.

Suddenly, the room starts shaking with a rumble. The wall on the opposing end of the table explodes inside. The woman turns, Ipeshtir leans back in his chair, Pábes jumps under the table. Rocks tumble inside, and Tylendel wills a shield in front of himself. The floor starts cracking.

Ipeshtir: “Noo!”

He jumps on top of the remains of the table and starts gesticulating. Tylendel stands up and looks at the hole in the wall, and another guest arrives. It is a Cult knight, one like the one that nearly killed Tylendel in Heidenmark. It is humungous. It draws a great sword from its back.

Tylendel: “Who’s that?”

Ipeshtir: “I don’t know, but I have a feeling it doesn’t like us very much!”

A beam of blue light shoots from Ipeshtir’s fingers towards the creature.

Tylendel: “Oh, that’s interesting.”

The beam hits the creature on the chest, and the light ripples on its chest. The creature looks around, stopping when it spots Tylendel. Pábes comes crawling from under the table.

Pábes: “We have to get out of here!”

Tylendel starts willing the armour of the creature to disintegrate.

Ipeshtir: “Ququllu!”

Ququllu stands up, and the creature’s armour starts cracking. Slowly.

Ipeshtir: “I believe this thing is beyond my strength.”

Tylendel: “Try again. It is weakening.”

The creature comes towards Tylendel. Ququllu gets ready to fight, and Ipeshtir shoots another beam of light. This time the light just disappear. The creature strikes Ququllu with his sword, nearly severing his shoulder. Ququllu starts wrestling the creature. Pábes fetches his book and starts crawling towards the chest. Tylendel wills the armour to disintegrate again. More cracks, metal flakes falling off, and he starts backing away.

Pábes opens the chest, and Ipeshtir shoots again.

Ipeshtir: “It doesn’t work!”

He jumps off the table, and Ququllu tries grasping the creature’s sword arm. The creature tosses him off, sends him flying into the wall. Tylendel takes a few steps backwards, and Pábes jumps into the chest and disappears.

Ipeshtir: “Perhaps he is the wisest among us. Ququllu, get up!”

Creature: “Die.”

Ipeshtir: “Perhaps we can flank it!”

He starts circling it. Ququllu jumps onto the creature’s back, and starts twisting its head.

Tylendel: “Lift the helmet!”

Ququllu starts straining, and Tylendel helps with his willpower. The helmet starts lifting, and the exposed flesh beneath looks skinned. The creature starts trying to shake off Ququllu. The creature takes another step towards Tylendel.

Creature: “Come.”

Finally, Ququllu manages to yank off the creature’s helmet, and it starts staggering. Tylendel manages to see a pair of white eyes in a skinless face. Ququllu falls off its back, and the creature’s head burst like a rotten melon, and it falls on the floor, smoke trailing from every opening in the armour.

Ipeshtir: “Well done, Ququllu! But it seems we lost a monk and a guest.”

The light where the woman was materialising is gone. Ququllu makes sounds and looks at his split chest. Tylendel lays his hand on Ququllu’s shoulder, willing him whole again. The shoulder grows back.

Tylendel: “You’re welcome.”

Ipeshtir: “Now, my friend, tell me, what is it we have been fighting, and how am I going to fix this?”

He walks over to the hole in the wall. Tylendel walks over as well.

Tylendel: “How did it get here?”

Before Tylendel reach the hole, Ipeshtir suddenly shoots backwards into a chair, a large, rusty steel pole through his chest.

Ipeshtir: “Uhh…”

He points outside.

Tylendel starts running to the opening and looks out. In the air outside there are ships – on the railing on one of them there is a white robed giant, next to what looks like a gigantic arbalest that is being reloaded.

Muqad Fevre: “Time to die, Ipeshtir Aqisdirmaq!”

Tylendel wills the ship to disintegrate. The ship begins falling apart. At the same time, the same happens around Tylendel. Ipeshtir’s sanctuary starts disintegrating. Ipeshtir looks up at Tylendel.

Ipeshtir: “I am sorry.”

There is panic on the ship, and Tylendel wills Ipeshtir to heal, but very little happens. Tylendel notices that the pole has gone through Ipeshtir’s body.

The crew of the ship are running towards small boats, evacuating the ship.

Tylendel: “Ququllu! Come! Pull it out!”

Ququllu comes over and pulls out the steel pole, and Tylendel lays his hands on Ipeshtir and tries to heal him again.

Ipeshtir: “Don’t. Don’t. Use your energy on me.”

Blood is flowing out of Ipeshtir.

Ipeshtir: “I am so sorry. I should have known that bastard…”

Ququllu: “Urrh.”

Ququllu pulls Ipeshtir away from the opening towards the chest. Tylendel hears stone rubbing against stone, and there are large holes in the floor of the sanctuary.

Ipeshtir: “He is… Destroying it.”

Ququllu: “Kwhmmwkq.”

He bends over his master, stroking his cheeks.

The ship outside has started capsizing. Planks are falling off, the mast has broken. More ships are coming to help the first one – there are three others.

One of the stone slats under Tylendel falls away, and he sees the Endless Sea far, far below himself.

Another steel pole whooshes inside past Tylendel.

Tylendel: “You mother fuckers…”

Tylendel wills all the ships to disintegrate, but only one of them starts falling from the sky.

Ipeshtir: “Greyoak.”

Tylendel walks over to him.”

Ipeshtir: “In the chest. Remember I was making a robe for you. Don’t forget it.”

Tylendel tries one last time to heal Ipeshtir. This time the flow of blood stops to only a trickle.

Tylendel: “How do I get you out of here.”

Ipeshtir looks at the chest.

Ipeshtir: “We must find. Pábes.”

Tylendel walks over to the chest, thinking about Pábes when he opens it. There is only a black shaft inside it.

Tylendel: “It’s a hole.”

Ipeshtir: “Yes. We can use it to escape.”

Tylendel: “Okay, then get in!”

Ququllu lifts Ipeshtir and climbs into the chest, disappearing into the hole. The roof is falling, crushing the floor. There’s much shrieking from outside.

Tylendel tries willing the mirror to shrink to the size of a handheld mirror – it’s very, very slowly shrinking… But not enough. The mirror is cracking. Tylendel thinks he can hear a crow cawing.

The table is broken.

Chairs lies shattered.

The walls are cracking. The ceiling is falling.

A shadow falls over the hole in the wall, and he hears a thud.

Muqad Fevre: “Wait.”

Muquad Fevre steps into the chamber and looks around.
Back to top Go down
https://empyresedge.rpg-board.net

Online Session Recap - 20.06.2019
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Empyre's Edge :: Online Session Logs-
Jump to: