Empyre's Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empyre's Edge

A forum for the Empyre's Edge roleplaying setting.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tylendel
Lord
Tylendel

Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020 Empty
PostSubject: Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020   Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020 I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2020, 06:03

Sorcerer-king: “I will prepare for the ritual. Pábes will entertain you meanwhile.”

Tylendel: “My spirit is wearing thin from being here. How long will it take?”

Sorcerer-king: “Not long.”

Tylendel nods and lets Pábes lead him out of the room. He takes him down the hall a short distance, then turns to Tylendel.

Pábes: “I have found something I want to show you.”

Pábes leads Tylendel towards the room with the throne, but before they reach it he takes him down a narrow side path. They reach a room with a marble altar and flying stones; the stones have different colours and are flying in orbits around the room.

Tylendel: “Pretty stones.”

Pábes: “Yes, but this is not what I wanted to show you. Come.”

Pábes walks into a swirling mist on the opposite side of the room and disappears. Tylendel hesitates for a moment, then follows.

They reach a grand hall filled with statues, statues of such fine craftsmanship that Tylendel has never seen their like before.

Tylendel stands admiring the first statue for a while, then turns to another – he is startled as it seems the statue has the face of Renata, then the face changes. He starts looking down the hall on the statues, and slowly starts realising that they are statues of the Nine.

He turns to Pábes.

Tylendel: “Do you know who they are?”

Pábes: “After your stories I think…”

Tylendel points at the first statues and starts listing them.

Tylendel: “Loronë, Parafor, Braek, Ruis, Pentarlys, Gaffon, Nyssal, Arakin, Mulendobra. I’m curious who the rest are, though.”

Following the first nine there are 16 more statues – Tylendel recognize some of them as representing the children of the Nine. Valenta is there, as is Lylas and Howling Moon. Another looks like a statue he saw at the far side of the Remheck Mountains. He finds one that he assumes is Mitrôn.

Tylendel: “So. The visitors from the Between and their offspring.”

After having done one circuit, Tylendel lifts himself into the air. He studies the floor to see if the Patterns he saw is writing – it is, and he copies it to show Pábes.

“Monbau meximamat.”

Neither he nor Pábes understand what it means, but they assume it is of the language of the Sorcerer-king. Next, Tylendel starts studying the faces of the statues, trying to commit them to memory. He notices a few other details, such as Parafor’s daggers having the symbols of each of the other Nine of them and the statue of Nyssal crying.

Tylendel: “This is very curious, Pábes.”

He studies Loronë’s face closer before leaving, trying to understand why he sometimes see her as Renata. Last before they leave, he studies Nyssal’s face – her tears seem to run down her face to the strings of her fiddle.

Tylendel: “I guess we should be heading back.”

As soon as they return to the palace proper, the Sorcerer-king meets them.

Sorcerer-king: “It is time.”

He leads Tylendel and Pábes to the ritual chamber, a large room filled with all kinds of implements, only a few Tylendel understand the meaning of.

The Sorcerer-king first performs the Ritual of Binding – making Tylendel able to sense where the Crow-king is by using memories. He is very unhelpful with explaining to Tylendel how he’ll be able to use it, only saying that it will become clear.

Tylendel: “The dragon-flames of Parafor… He has the spirits of dragons within him, doesn’t he?”

Sorcerer-king: ”

Tylendel: “What would happen to the flame if I tore those spirits out of him?”

Sorcerer-king: ” ((Would be weakened))

Tylendel: “Yes, but that’s the thing that’s preventing me to come close to him.”

Tylendel: “Yes, but as long as he has the dragon-flame, I am going to need Creeping God’s Bane.”

Sorcerer-king: ” ((About robe))

Tylendel: “And will I survive being a gate?”

Sorcerer-king: ” ((About sacrifices)) Be peace.

Tylendel: “No there won’t. From one of them.”

Tylendel: “Gaffon is the real trouble behind this.”

Tylendel: “I blame him for stirring up the trouble to make the Creeping God insane.”

Tylendel: “Yes, Parafor is the imminent threat, but as long as Gaffon is around… Well.”

Sorcerer-king: ” ((Black-steel))

Tylendel: “That won’t last forever.”

Tylendel: “What about all the others that are awake on Eras now? The Nine, their children… And if their spirits are bound to Eras, where the fuck is Abelion?”

Tylendel: “They brought magic to Eras.”

Tylendel: “And if those that use magic are the descendants of, or the descendants of the descendants of the descendants of these visitors, where did your magic come from?”

Tylendel: “Time is passing. Let us do this.”

The Sorcerer-king performs the ritual of the Gate. Tylendel is asked to step into a tube that came out of the floor.

After the ritual Tylendel finds himself on a plain. His flight spell has expired, telling him that he has been in the Between at least a day, and Dreamweaver is too far away from him to reach the spell, telling him he is quite far from Byrkburgh.
Back to top Go down
https://empyresedge.rpg-board.net
Slynt
GM of Awesomeness
Slynt

Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020   Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2020, 20:22

“Take a look around, but I advise you not to… touch … anything.”

“He (Kanderov) is strong, if only by his connection to the Creeping God. He is Many, but only the true Crow-king will have memories of a life truly lived. I offer this opportunity to you so you may be able to distinguish the real Crow-king from his simulacra. I can bind you to him, but that bond will fade with time. Once we have brought Parafor over, you can seek out the Crow-king and give him the reckoning he deserves.”

“You have learned much. The power courses through your veins, such power. You still have the strength to maintain it even on Eras. That is what makes this a possibility. Your sheer willpower, to alter reality as well as dream.”

“Ipeshtir Aqisdirmaq has done a good job on it (the robe). It should protect you from his glare. From keeping your eyes from melting out of your skull.”

“Do not fear, Hasil’nuramb’Gasil. I have done everything in my power to make this work. It is complex. It has required an understanding of many things I hitherto had not even considered possible. Thanks to our friend here (Pábes) and his book, we may yet overcome the problem of our belatedness.”

“Of course, all of this would have been impossible anyway, without your blood, the blood of the night. Your blood will serve as the gate; draw him to you, embrace him… do not infuse. Let him do that. And you will diffuse.”

“Know that this is a sacrifice. Personal, for you, Pábes and me. On a grander scale, for the Between. We must all give something of ourselves to end the madness. Your strength will keep you alive through this, I assume. There will be peace from meddling… gods… and the gateways shall finally shut.
And by forestalling the apocalypse on Eras, so will diminish the power of the Crow-king. His hold on the Creeping God will fade and you will be able to finish him once and for all. Surely he must long for peace as well.
Remember, the Creeping God must be drawn into the Between if you want your world to survive him. ”

“There is no future here, my child, but I foresee a bright future for you where you belong.”

Back to top Go down
http://www.agot10th.blogspot.com

Online Session Recap - 27.03.2020
Page 1 of 1